Alumni Association (ACCETOSA erstwhile ACCETOBA)
Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology Old Boys Association – ACCETOBA was started as a society in the year 1972 and was registered on 02-09-1973 (Regd. Society No. 37 of 1972) with its office at Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi.
The main objectives of this association are,
- To promote fellow feeling among the old boys of the college.
- To concert measures for keeping the old boys in close touch with the college and its activities.
- To offer guidance and counsel for the alumni, who are in need of help.
- To issue bulletins as and when warranted.
- To take up any other activity in keeping with the above.
The association is governed by the office bearers who are elected every year in the Annual General Body meeting (which is held on the second Sunday of August every year) by the members of the association. The financial aspects of the association are brought under the purview of the Principal of the institution who happens to be the Ex-officio Treasurer of the association. The yearly financial accounts are audited and the same have to be approved and passed by the Executive committee of the association followed by the general body of the association. The executive committee of the association is responsible for conducting the activities of the association. The association was renamed as Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology Old Students Association (ACCETOSA) in the year 2007.
Any student graduating from Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology is eligible to be a life member of the association by paying a one-time fee (presently Rs.1000/-). The association helps and supports the alumni batches to organize and celebrate their Silver Jubilee of graduation, Golden Jubilee celebrations and reunion functions in the institution. The association acts as a bridge between the institution and the alumni.
Activities of the Alumini Association:
- To encourage academic excellence, ‘Best Outgoing Student of the Year’ is awarded –carry 8 gm gold coin and certificate 1958 batch alumni.
- To enhance employability of the students, soft skill training is offered to all third year B.E. students for the past 9 years by the 1987 batch alumni.
- Best sport person award – Rs.20,000 /- each (Male and Female Students)
- Cash prize awards worth 12500/- to first, second and third rank holders in III year B.E (All Branches) by 1969-74 batch alumni.
- Donates buildings, computers, sanitary facilities, RO plant etc
- Organizes THIRAN an unique project competition to improve the students skill.
- Provide financial assistance to the needy students from ‘ACCETOSA corpus fund’ supported by alumni batches of 1964-69, 1965-1970, 1966-71 and 1973-78.
- A common Mess facility at a cost of 375 Lakhs has been constructed in the year 2020 and donated to the institution by 1975-80 batch alumni.
- Organizes campus placements, seminars, career guidance programs.
- Assist to arrange internships and industrial visits for students.
So the association with the greater support of its alumni members marches ahead successfully and has been a pillar to the institution in all its needs and endeavors.