Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Faculty members along with the students do research in major areas of Communication Engineering and have many research publications. A Patent is also applied in the field of Optical Communication. The department has well established facilities and sophisticated equipments for doing research in the areas of Microwave and Optical Communication. The Department has been recognized as a research centre by Anna University, Chennai.
Areas of Interest of Faculty :
|Name of the Faculty||Area of Interest|
|Dr.A. Sivanantha Raja||Optical Communication|
|Dr. S. Somasundaram||Polynomial Controllers, Stable Controllers|
|Prof.C. Mahendran||Microwave Antenna|
|Dr. D. Helena Margaret||Microwave Antenna|
|Prof. C. Karthika Pragadeeswari||Video Surveilance|
|Prof. G. Dhevanandhini||Digital Image Processing|
|Dr. B. Rajeshkanna||Wireless Sensor Networks|
Details of PATENT:
|Name of the Faculty||Title||Application Number||Status|
|Dr. A. Sivanantha Raja||Noise free Public Address System for Auditorium using White Light Emitting Diode Communication||202041002376||Applied|
|SL.No||Name of the Mentor||No.of Ph.D Scholars Produced||No.of Ph.D Scholars Pursuing||
Dr. A. Sivanantha Raja
Details of Research Scholars
The major ongoing research activities in the department under the Guidance of our faculty members are:
|Name of the Supervisor||Name of the Scholar||
Area of work
Dr.A. Sivanantha Raja
Professor and Head
|R.Sarojini||Impact of Semiconductor Optical Amplifier in Optical Networks|
|2||N.Aravindan||Optical Wireless Communication using Visible Light : A brief investigation|
|3||A.Anand||Investigation on Brillouin Scattering Effect in Fiber Optic Communication|
|4||N.Gopi||Investigation on Nonlinear Polarization Effects in Fiber Optic Communication|
|5||Yarra Naga Subrahmanya Vamsi Mohan||Outdoor Applications of Optical Wireless Communication Systems|
Dr. S. Somasundaram
|T. Geetha||Design and real time implementation of Stable PI Controller for Spherical tank process|
BOOK & BOOK CHAPTERS
- Vasuki, D. Helena Margaret and Rajeswari, “Microwave Engineering”, Mc Graw Hill Education (India) Pvt Ltd., 2015. (ISBN: 93-392-1948-1)
- Shanmuga Sundar,A.Sivanantha Raja, C.Sanjeeviraja and D.Jeyakumar (2015), “Syntheis and characterization of novel siloxane based transparent and flexible substrate for OLEDs”, Nanoelectronics and Sensors, ISBN: 978-93-85436-94-9, Bloomsbury Publication.
- Shanmuga Sundar,V.Nidhya Vijay, T.Sridarshini and A.Sivanantha Raja (2018), “Performance analysis of multichannel EDM hybrid Optical communication system for long haul communications”, Frontier Research and Innovation in Optoelectronics Technology and Industry, ISBN: 978-1-138-33178-5, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis.
- Shanmuga Sundar, A.Sivanantha Raja, R.Saravanan and Marcos Flores Carrasco (2018), “Photocatalyst for indoor air pollution: a brief review” Green Photocatalysts for Energy and Environmental Process, Springer, doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-17638-9, ISBN: 978-3-030-17638-9.
- Shanmuga Sundar, T.Sridarshini, R.Sitharthan, Madurakavi Karthikeyan, A.Sivanantha Rajaand Marcos Flores Carrasco (2019), “Performance investigation of 16/32- channel DWDM PON and long-reach PON systems using an ASE noise source”, Advances in Optoelectronic Technology and Industry Development – Jose & Ferreira (eds.), ISBN: 978-0-367-24634-1, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, London, pp. 93-99.
- Shanmuga Sundar, T. Arun, M. Muneeswaran, R.Sitharthan, M. Karthikeyan, A.Sivanantha Raja, and Marcos Flores C (2020), “Conductive oxides role in Flexible Electronic Device Applications”, Metal and Metal Oxides for Energy and Electronics, Springer Nature, ISBN: 978-3-030-53065-5, pp.121-148, doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-53065-5_4.
- Jayson Keerthy Jayabarathan, Sivanantha Rajaand S. Robinson, “QoS Enhancement in MANET”, Cloud and IoT based Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks, Scrivener, Wiley Publisher, pp. 325-348, 2021, ISBN: 1119761832, 9781119761839.