As per TEQIP project design, the institution has been selected for TEQIP-II based on its performance metrics of TEQIP-I. TEQIP – II is implemented with the intent to scale up PG Programs and Research activities of the institution. The Project duration was 2012-16. Total amount sanctioned under TEQIP- II was Rs.17.5 Crore.
- Strengthening institutions to improve learning outcomes and employability of graduates
- Scaling‐up Postgraduate Education and demand‐driven Research & Development and Innovation
- Establishing Centre of Excellence for focused applicable research.
- Training of faculty for effective teaching, and
- Enhancing Institutional and System Management effectiveness
The project was effectively implemented in the institution in accordance with the NPIU and state Government guidelines
|Category||% of Allotment||Amount (Rs in Lahks)|
|1||Improvement in Teaching training and Learning Facilities||45||787.50|
|3||R&D and Consultancies||3||52.50|
|4||FDP & STP||14||245.00|
|5||Industrial Institute Interaction||3||52.50|
|6||Management Capacity Enhancement||2||35.00|
|8||Academic Support for Weak Students||2||35.00|
|9||Incremental Operating Cost||7||122.50|
Programmes conducted to enhance Teaching Learning Process.
Facilities added in the Institution under TEQIP-II
- Virtual Class rooms were established in all the departments to facilitates ICT enabled teaching at the cost of Rs 67 Lakhs.
- E-Yantra Robotics Lab was established at the cost of 18 Lahks.
- Modern Electric Drive System Lab was established at the cost of Rs 43 Lakhs.
- Institution was connected with Wi-Fi network at the cost of Rs 70 Lakhs.
- Servo –Hydraulic UTM was purchased at the cost of Rs 57 Lakhs.
- Helium neon laser equipment was purchased at the cost of Rs 23 Lakhs.
- Pin-on Disc Tribometer, Physical Vapour Deposition Machine and Composite Impact testing machine were included in the Mechanical department.
- Electronic workstations and Wireless sensor network equipments were added in the Electronics department.