About the Civil Engineering Department
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year of 1952. The Department is offering UG Courses in Civil Engineering(Both Full time and Time) and PG Courses in Structural Engineering & Environmental Engineering. The Civil Engineering course has a sanctioned intake of 60 in regular and 60 in Part Time Course. The PG courses have a sanctioned intake of 18 in each. The Department has a team of well qualified, energetic and dedicated faculty members. Out of 13 regular faculty 9 have doctoral degree. 2 Contractual and 2 Adhocfaculty are also serving for the department. The department has well equipped Laboratories with all kinds of Sophisticated Equipments and Instruments, Research Centre, Virtual Class Room, Library and Excellent Computer Centre. Faculty members are actively involved in Research and Consultancy Services. The Department of Civil Engineering is regularly organizing programs like International Conference, National Conference, Workshop, Special Seminar and Symposium etc.
- Recognized Research Centre of Anna University, Chennai for pursuing Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
- There are 11 part time PhD scholars and 2 full time PhD scholars, pursuing their doctoral degree in this department.
- The department is regularly conducting GATE coaching classes and special lectures from industrial experts for increasing the employability skills and for easy access to get PG admission.
- The department is earning regularly 10 to 15 Lakhs per annum as consultancy revenue under Internal Revenue Generation.
- The students are regularly undertaking projects, related to the use of energy efficient materials in building construction and reducing pollution related impacts on environment in order to promote green energy principles and clean environment.
- The research works of the faculty and students are being published in reputed journals. The faculty members are publishing about 10 research papers, every year.
- Students are encouraged to undergo Internship under fast track scheme to improve their placement prospects.
- Soft skill training programmes offered by reputed professionals are arranged to enhance their communication and general aptitude skills.
- Wi-Fi enabled internet facilities are available in the department.
|Sl No||Programme||Year of Starting||Sanctioned Strength||Accreditation|
|1||BE Civil Engg||1952||60||
Granted Provisionalaccreditation for two years from 8.11.13 to
|2||BE( Part Time )||1971||60||–|
|2||ME Structural Engg||2002||18||–|
|3||ME Environmental Engg||2002||18||–|