Centre of Excellence (CoE) of Smart Manufacturing
Smart manufacturing is an integration information communication technology and manufacturing industry to meet the future requirement of industry. Smart manufacturing leads agility, efficient resource utilization in the product development and supply chains management.
Centre of Excellence (CoE) of Smart Manufacturing is established in the Mechanical Engineering Department with the Grant-in Aid of Rs. 2 Crore by Government of Tamilnadu on 26.07.2019.
- To make Additive Technologies (technologies and materials for 3D printers, organic synthesis based on micro-channel systems, etc)
- To fabricate light nano structured alloys based on Aluminium, Titanium and Magnesium
- To model and forecasting the properties of new materials and their technologies, designing models of multi-level modeling of material properties
- To fabricate thin film and hard coating materials.
- Integrated Robotic Rapid WAAM as per Industry 4.0 with accessories
- Laser and Rotary Measurement system (Laser Interferometer)
- Pulsed Nd:Yag Laser for material processing
- Electron Beam and Thermal Evaporation Set-up for Thin film Deposition